Reveal clear aligners prove that effective orthodontic treatment doesn’t have to be difficult. These ingenious appliances have helped millions straighten their teeth and achieve better-looking smiles, and they can help you too.
Reveal Clear Aligners
Reveal Clear aligners are an effective and discreet orthodontic treatment option that are worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing.
Clear aligners are custom-made using models of both your current teeth and the end result you hope to achieve. With clear aligners, you will switch to new aligners about every two weeks with each set shifting the teeth slightly—this continues until you have achieved your final results, which usually takes about two years.
You remove the clear aligners for eating, drinking and cleaning only. At first, they will feel very tight, but they will begin to loosen and feel more comfortable after a few days.
How does the Reveal Clear Aligner process work?
To begin, we will take photographs of your teeth and face, dental impressions of your teeth and x-rays. Those records are sent to Reveal Clear Aligners with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear. Reveal will scan the impressions to create a 3D model of the teeth and work with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to your dentist office. You will wear a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 2 years, or the length of time determined by your dentist.Learn More About Reveal Clear Aligners
Clear Aligners vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between clear aligners and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of clear aligners to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. Reveal clear aligners use clear transparent plastic, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. Reveal clear aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. Reveal allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. Reveal aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. Reveal aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
How much do Reveal Clear Aligners cost?
The cost for this treatment is similar to the cost for metal braces. Costs can vary, depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover Reveal clear aligners the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover clear aligners for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length / complexity of treatment. With Reveal, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies, depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.Contact Grin Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics
Who can use Reveal Clear Aligners?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use Reveal. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. Reveal can even help patients with minor bite issues—however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with Reveal. More extensive problems will require additional treatment.
Interested in Reveal Clear Aligners?
If you would like to setup a clear aligner consultation, if you have any questions about how clear aligners work, or if you're unsure if Reveal aligners are right for you—contact us.